Tangible Personal Property
How It Works
- Please call us to discuss the type of property, possible uses of your gift by the U of I Foundation, and getting an appraisal
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction if its use is related to the U of I Foundation's exempt purposes
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the fair-market value if its use is related to the U of I Foundation's charitable purposes
- You avoid capital-gain tax on long-term related-use property (capital-gain tax on tangible personal property is 28%)
- You can provide significant support for the U of I Foundation without affecting your income
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
- Read a detailed description of this gift
- Contact us to learn more about this gift plan or other options
- Request an eBrochure with more information about this gift
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.